[3830] WPX SSB VE7UQ SO(TS)AB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB VE7UQ SO(TS)AB LP
From: kenjclarke@shaw.ca (kenjclarke@shaw.ca)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 01:16:45 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: VE7UQ
Operator(s): VE7UQ
Station: VE7UQ

Class: SO(TS)AB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:
   80:   21
   40:   38
   20:  216
   15:  239
   10:  175
------------

Club:

Comments:

Drove 300 miles to my summer (?) cabin for the contest. Arrived less than 2
hours prior to contest start to find 2 to 3 feet of snow on the property. Too
much snow to get the truck in from the road so had to pack the radio equipment
and other supplies about 100 feet up the hill to the cabin. After this was done
I still had to crank up the tower, string up the G5RV, unpack and set up the
station, computer and accessories. The cabin had been closed up since the CQ WW
DX contest in October and the temperature was around the freezing mark, so the
antique wood stove had to be lit to warm things up for the contest. The
facilities at the cabin consist of hydro, the woodstove, a fridge a microwave
oven and a propane camp stove. There is no running water and no indoor plumbing.
Barely managed to have the station on the air for the start of the contest, so
got off to a very slow start in the early going. The snow started falling just
after I had the antennas up and continued for most of the weekend. This was my
2nd WPX contest and really enjoyed it. The bands were quite good. Looking
forward to the next one!