[3830] WPX CW DK3DM SOSB15 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WPX CW DK3DM SOSB15 HP
From: DK3DM@gmx.de (DK3DM@gmx.de)
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 09:25:41 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: DK3DM
Operator(s): DK3DM
Station: DK3DM

Class: SOSB15 HP
QTH: Warstein
Operating Time (hrs): 34

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 1573
   10:
------------

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

HI to all contesters !

After a long time not activ seriously in any contest I realy was looking forward
for the WPX-CW. I was very disapointed the day before the contest when I noticed
there was a big flare on the sun and the bands were nearly dead over here. I
decided to go for SOSB 20m but after checking the antennas at our contest QTH
noticed that the 20m beam had high SWR. So decided to do SOSB 15m.
Was not sure how to do the OFF times. The band openend very nicely around 22z to
USA and JA at the same time. turned the beam very often between NE and NW and
wished to have a 2nd antenna to switch between both directions.
all went very smouth and no technical problems.
Thanks to all of you for the QSOs and see you all very soon in the IARU.
Thanks also to me YL Nadine for suporting me with meals and drings the whole
weekend and to Uli,DL8OBQ for the use of his AMP.
73 de Heiko (Bud) DK3DM

rig: TS 850SAT
     5ele Mono beam up 24m
     Alpha 77DX amp