[3830] IARU VA3NA(@VE3SY) SO Mixed HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] IARU VA3NA(@VE3SY) SO Mixed HP
From: va3na@rac.ca (va3na@rac.ca)
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 08:47:50 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: VA3NA
Operator(s): VA3NA
Station: VE3SY

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Petersburg,ON
Operating Time (hrs): 22.5

  160:     2     2      2
   80:    11     5     12
   40:   171     6     46
   20:   689   307     72
   15:   335   100     51
   10:     9     9      9
---------------------------
Total:  1217   429    192  Total Score = 1,284,288

Club:

Comments:

I managed to fall asleep few hours before the end of the contest. Paul, VE3SY,
owner of the station I was operating from, found me asleep on the operating
bench with my headphones on.   When I woke up, it was less than 30 minutes to go
with JAs loud on 20 mtrs.

Murphy doesn't seem to hang around Paul's house.  Everything just works.   It
took me about half an hour to unload the rig and the amp from the car and hook
everything together just prior to the contest.  Everything worked FB for the
entire duration of the contest.

This was also a farewell contest for VA3NA.   After having this call for about 8
yrs, I changed it to VE3EY.

Big thanks to Paul, VE3SY and Margaret, VE3RE for having me for IARU contest.

73,  Nick