[3830] IARU K9NW(@K9UWA) SO CW HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] IARU K9NW(@K9UWA) SO CW HP
From: k9nw@qth.com (k9nw@qth.com)
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 11:09:45 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K9NW
Operator(s): K9NW
Station: K9UWA

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:
   80:
   40:   312           56
   20:   904           78
   15:   587           73
   10:    48           13
---------------------------
Total:  1851    0     220  Total Score = 1,593,900

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

IC 765, Alpha 87A  (1 each...)
80 and 160 antennas broke.  (ice damage from winter...)

117 zone mults, 103 HQ mults

As others have noted, condx started out "not really so hot" but evolved into
"not really so bad" as the contest progressed.

Worked a bunch of OJs on both 15 and 20.  They all seemed to be pretty even in
signal strength - S9 for long stretches on 20 - so I think the equal station
thing was achieved about the best one could ask for.  Have to go through the log
later and plug 'em into the spreadsheet to get my total.  (For good measure I
also worked K4OJ, DJ1OJ, and OH3OJ!)

IARU is always a great time....thanks for the QSOs!

And thanks again to John and Jean!

73, Mike K9NW