[3830] IARU LZ9W M/S HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] IARU LZ9W M/S HP
From: wally@el-soft.com (wally@el-soft.com)
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 00:05:16 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: LZ9W
Operator(s): LZ1ZD,LZ1UQ,LZ1YQ,LZ2CJ,LZ2HM,LZ3FN
Station: LZ9W

Class: M/S HP
QTH: nr Breznik
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
---------------------------
Total:  2448    0     246  Total Score = 2,300,000

Club:

Comments:

Equipment - FT990 + Alpha 91b(tnx LZ1JK) ,IC746 + ACOM 2000A (tnx LZ2CJ)
Antennas - 8 el WA3FET - 10m @ 15m, 7 el WA3FET -15m @15m, 6el WA3FET - 20m@10m,
HB9CV -40m @ 22m,Inv Vees for 80 and 160m.

Total No. of QSOs are made on CW and Phone - submittal form does not allow only
a total No. to be sent.

This is only a rough score, details will follow later. 10m condx were awful and
15m was marginal with deep QSB and noise. 20m antenna has been a killer antenna
in this contest and we made over 1200 QSOs on this band. Murphy visited our
place just 30min after the start - lighting cut the phone line and fried LZ1UQ's
modem, so there was no Inet access during the contest at all. Also have had to
switch off all the equipment for 50 min due to the storm and lightings.We'll
take things more seriously next year and we'll tel Murphy to visit other places
next time :-)))).

See you Eusopeans in WAEDC SSB from YM3LZ.

73's de Wally LZ2CJ,LZ8T,team member - LZ9W and YM3LZ