[3830] NAQP SSB K0UK Single Op LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K0UK Single Op LP
From: ukbrown@aol.com (ukbrown@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 12:31:27 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: K0UK
Operator(s): K0UK
Station: K0UK

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: COLORADO
Operating Time (hrs): 9.33hr

  160:   22    12
   80:  126    40
   40:  133    42
   20:  496    55
   15:  120    43
   10:   11     4
-------------------
Total:  908   196  Total Score = 177,968

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team:

Comments:

Ten was dead but the band was supporting SA with a VP8  coming thru with a
excellent signal. Worked him before the contest started but not during. Started
on 15mtrs but moved CA stations to 10mtrs. Most were surprised that we had a
path. Back and forth from 15mtrs to 10mtrs. Tried to stay away from 20mtrs until
it felt right. When I did go to 20mtrs stayed high in the band and found it
rewarding. Moved station to 15 and 10 with some success to speak especially
going west. Heard very few station on 10mtrs from the east.
My off times where planned but I didnot expect to over sleep. Naps are a great
thing when you are 55 years old.
When I went to 40mtrs I made a point of staying on a freq. and not moving. I did
once and that taught me a lesson. Finding a good freq. on 40mtrs with low qrm is
a rare item.
Ran station on 40mtrs and there were some calling that I just couldnot pull
out.What was different in this versus cw, was how quiet the bands got after
9pm.
It was still somewhat noisey but we didnt have the thunderstorms over head that
really wrecked havoc. I still need to get up some form of beverage but on a 1/3
acre lot its going to be difficult.
Once on 80mtrs I stayed on a couple of frequencies and ran stations. They seemed
to come in waves. Went back and forth between 40 and 80 and 160 for a little
bit. Then finally 160 at 0525 and back to 80mtrs for the last 15minutes of the
contest.
I want to thank all who qsy'ed for me. Some were successful some werent but
netiher the less we had fun.
Great going to GMCC'er I worked, WW1M Bruce, AB0MV Merri, K0GAS Connie, KI0II
Rob, N3XT David, K0HM Brad, with AE0Q Gleen and KC0KLP Jeremy oping, W0AH Doug,
plus all the other Colorado stations worked.
I think all who participated had fun and look forward to it next year...GO
GMCC..PTL God Bless, bill K0UK