[3830] WAE CW IR2V(I2WIJ) Single Op LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WAE CW IR2V(I2WIJ) Single Op LP
From: i2wij@qsl.net (i2wij@qsl.net)
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 08:48:31 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: IR2V
Operator(s): I2WIJ
Station: I2WIJ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 20

   80:   11           2
   40:   45          20
   20:  114          42
   15:   71          30
   10:   22          10
-------------------------
Total:  263   520   232  Total Score = 181,656

Club: MARCONI CONTEST CLUB

Comments:

NO PACKET!

It should have been a serious effort, but passed my first 13 hours of the
contest in bed, with a bad cold, that let me down the whole weekend, and
some more days later too!!!

This contest needs more modifications: I never had a run, never a small
run (!), (do I pretend too much even with 100W?)
and then I have to read that many US stations run out of Europeans
to work!
There is something I haven't focused completely, but there has
to be something wrong.
I had the impression that participation was lower than last year,
and less stations that wanted to send QTCs!

In any case I had my satisfaction when I got 9K9K on all band
(being one of the first to work him on 80m -- the only chance), as well
as logging some rare one (i.e. VP2V/N2WKS) just before
they went spotted, I presume, and the pileup became too hot.)
And receiving QTCs is always pure fun!

I recorded my contest, for the first time, and I hope to have
some significant pieces of audio to put on the web, for those
who might be interested (busted pileups, QTCs, etc.).