[3830] SS CW W7GG Single Op LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] SS CW W7GG Single Op LP
From: bob.wruble@verizon.net (bob.wruble@verizon.net)
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 20:52:09 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W7GG
Operator(s): W7GG
Station: W7GG

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:   92
   40:  196
   20:  228
   15:  282
   10:  258
------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Another exercise in fulity ..... conditions sucked from my Qth!

VY1JA had so much Aurora on him (10M) that I cud not copy wat he was sying.
Never heard/found him on any other band.   Heard VO1MP work a station on the
high end of 15M but could not snag him even tho I called CQ 6 million times
in this overrated event .... Just for kicks I think I will set up a CQ counter
(if I do this one next year) just to see what the the Qso per CQ ratio is .... I
wud gess something like 10 to 1 for me!

Every year I swear I'm done with CW SS but ever year I come back with renewed
vigor only to regret putting in the time for so little activity!  I keep telling
myself its good practice for some of the better tests .... it is excellent SO2R
practice ...... SO2R is made for this puppy AND the only thing that helped break
the monotony of a contest that is just too damm long for the action available!!
The NAQP is the ultimate domestic contest AND I would gess
evolved out of the frustrations operators found with the SS format.

The ARRL is hell bent on leaving this Dinosaur as is although I have been
contesting long enuf to remember when the SS was spread over two weekends SO
change is possible but seemingly unlikely!  The CW SS might be great for the
casual or novice contester but a real drag for a lot of the rest of us.
(All the above one mans humble opinion of course)