[3830] ARRL 160 W9RE Single Op HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W9RE Single Op HP
From: w9re@comcast.net (w9re@comcast.net)
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 18:40:54 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W9RE
Operator(s): W9RE
Station: W9RE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 12
Radios: SO2R

Total:  QSOs = 938  Sections = 76  Countries = 16  Total Score = 178,940

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

More activity then ever before, thanks to all especially to MN, VE3, OH and ILL
stations (Lot's of activity from those areas).  I worked the first 7 hours
straight then just fooled around after that.  Had almost 700 q's after first 7
hours.

Did we abandon the DX Window concept?  Didn't seem like we had any policemen
either to try and enforce it.  RN6BN was the loudest European heard and easily
worked.  I struggled with 12 other Europeans, sorry.  I am always trying to
improve receive antennas every year.  Used a short 4 vertical rectangular array
(a la W8JI-thanks Tom) and it did help this year.