[3830] ARRL 160 K4RO Single Op HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K4RO Single Op HP
From: k4ro@k4ro.net (k4ro@k4ro.net)
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 21:32:39 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K4RO
Operator(s): K4RO
Station: K4RO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R

Total:  QSOs = 425  Sections = 72  Countries = 6  Total Score = 68,172

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Some late night fun between music gigs and a very busy weekend.
Unlike SSB SS, I actually made a few S&P QSOs: 21 to be exact.
The other 400+ QSOs were all made calling CQ.  If you're trying
to be competitive in this contest or SS, it's important to S&P
often to catch the casual part-timers.  I was actually able to
make some second-radio QSOs using the remote Beverage antenna.
Couldn't hear much when transmitting, but it was almost as good
as having a dual-receive radio when I un-keyed.