[3830] ARRL 10 K0OU SO Mixed QRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K0OU SO Mixed QRP
From: km0l@tfs.net (km0l@tfs.net)
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 17:09:40 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K0OU
Operator(s): K0OU
Station: K0OU

Class: SO Mixed QRP
QTH: MO
Operating Time (hrs): 18

   CW:  335    93
  SSB:  237    77
-------------------
Total:  572   170  Total Score = 309,060

Club: Kansas City DX Club

Comments:

Ran my IC-775DSP with the power all the way off! Meters did not move but the
watt meter on the tuner said 4 or 5 watts. Could not tell I was transmitting by
looking at the radio, or, alot of the time, by the responses I got. Never heard
so many ?'s in my life. Many CQ'ed in my face. Missed many mult's cause QRP
wouldn't cut the pile or make the scatter. Missed some easy's like MD, VE3, TN,
and NM. Also heard but could not work AR, UT, WV, NE. QRP is painful! But at
least I did not get into my neighbor's surround-sound stereo.
Did have fun and did make some neat contacts. I thought the conditions were
better on Sunday than they were on Saturday.
CU all in the next one, with a better signal. Life is too short for QRP
(especially when you have an Alpha sitting on the table!)
73 de KØOU Steve in MO