[3830] ARRL 10 W5KFT(K5PI) SO CW HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W5KFT(K5PI) SO CW HP
From: rbrandon@austin.ibm.com (rbrandon@austin.ibm.com)
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 09:22:44 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W5KFT
Operator(s): K5PI
Station: W5KFT

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 34.5
Radios: SO2R

   CW: 2120   142
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 2120   142  Total Score = 1,204,728

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

FB conditions!  Big signals from Europe and Asia.  Some great e-skip into W8, W9
and W4, too, especially Saturday night.  I finally called it quits at 0530
Saturday night just because so few were calling.  Those who did, however, were
really loud.

I set up a quasi-SO2R system with the beverage interface on the second TS-850
connected to the amp line on the first.  The 20M antennas weren't optimal for
the second radio, but I made about 80 contacts that were spotted on the second
rig.  Had a bit of trouble line noise and CB trash, but still managed a personal
best.