[3830] CQ160 CW W4ZV Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, btippett@alum.mit.edu
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W4ZV Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 13:29:27 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W4ZV
Operator(s): W4ZV
Station: W4ZV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 20

Total:  QSOs = 1011  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 60  Total Score = 401,940

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

QRT Saturday night (family funeral Sunday).  Polar paths were affected by Aurora
and I never heard LA/OH/SM although I did work OZ7YY and RU1A.  Mediterranean
countries definitely had an advantage!  Missed DC, VO2, VE4, VE6, VY1, VY0 and
VE8.  Never heard JA or KL7 Saturday morning.  Had several pleasant surprises
call like NP4A, P3F, P40RH, PV8CW, S9SS, XQ6ET and 5B4AGC plus some of the rarer
Europeans.  4L2M was probably the best DX worked (after a great struggle)!
Heard OD5/OK1MU just before his sunrise Saturday but he never even gave me a
"..--..".

Thanks to all and bring on the Solar minima in 2006!

73,  Bill  W4ZV

P.S.  Special thanks to CQ for listening to our inputs about the time limit!