[3830] K1RX ARRL M/M HP Score

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] K1RX ARRL M/M HP Score
From: Mark Pride <mpride@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 14:20:43 -0500

ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K1RX
Operator(s): WA1S, K1EO, N1IX, KF1V, K1BX, K1GW, K1RX
Waffles:  KA1GJU
Station: K1RX

Class: M/M HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  188    64
   80: 1036   101
   40: 1388   117
   20: 1787   127
   15: 1489   118
   10:  480    96
-------------------
Total: 6368   623  Total Score = 11,886,000

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Wow, what a weekend!  Only Friday at  2 PM did Kriss (KA1GJU) and I get the
40 M yagi working again but it is still not to the original design. Some
last minute repair work on the 80 M 4 Square saved the weekend as well.  My
compliments to Mark, KF1V for beating me for the first 5 hours for hourly
rate while I was pushing 40, he was kicking my butt on 80!  Best score ever
on 80 M from this place due to a very concentrated effort by not only KF1V
but many other team members.  Ann took a real liking to 160 M Saturday
night - couldn't have of timed this better given the great conditions on
that band!  Truly a low band contest as we plung into the low SF numbers.
No failures to report.  Nice surprises on 40 with some big signals from
HS0, VR2 on the SW path in the Sat. morning and then on Sunday AM working
JT1 on 80 M (again on the SW path).  I know, I know its not about the DX
(except it really is), its about score, but still pretty cool working some
fairly exotic stuff.

Now on a separate but related note, I sneaked out Saturday morning after 40
closed and went over to N1IX's house to play M/S.  Both mornings while the
gang here was thinking I went to bed, I went over to the remote site to
enjoy some very nice rates on 20, 15 an 10 M.  Our two man effort yielded
another 1.3 Meg for the club.  This detail shall be reported under separate
cover.  N1IX had borrowed a spare amp and got him into the game in a big
way.  Fun kicking in extra points for the club!  Speaking of N1IX, upon my
return the word leaked out that Dave and I had done this but when the 10 M
op was listening to N1IX running EU, he came to me with a very worried look
- why is N1IX running EU on 10 while we can  not even hear the stations
calling him!  Turned out it was the 2nd harmonic from 20 M - that created
quite a laugh around here!

Congrats to the small XX crew, TTT's nice effort and KB1H for their
contribution as well.  Now expecting to see the K1XM (at W1FJ) report the
winning M/M score!

Am writing this after emerging from 12 hours of recovery sleep!

       http://home1.pacific.net.sg/~jamesb/