[3830] ARRLDX CW OH4A(OH6QU) SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, oh6qu@netikka.fi
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW OH4A(OH6QU) SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 13:04:30 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: OH4A
Operator(s): OH6QU
Station: OH4A

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Kisko
Operating Time (hrs): 37
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 1360    58
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total: 1360    58  Total Score = 236,640

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

The conditions were much better compared to last year's contest as
 A- and K-indices were rather low most of the time. Unfortunately
 the K-index went up during both nights blocking the propagations
 partly or completely from Southern Finland to NA.

 Congrats to Mikko OH4XX and Jari OH8LQ (OH8L) for their superb
 scores. It looks like I am going to get beaten second year in a
 row in the local OH-competition! It should not be a matter of
 hardware at OH4A so it is either the operator or propagation that
 makes the difference - hi! Next year I really need to consider
 participating in the contest from my home QTH which is on the same
 latitude as OH4XX but 250km to West...

 Thanks everyone who worked OH4A! QSL via OH6LI (via buro).

 Equipment:
 2 x Kenwood TS-850S/AT
 Top Ten Devices DX Doubler (SO2R controller)
 Commander HF-2500/kW
 6 x 4 el monoband yagis in two fully rotable towers; 4 over 4 over
 4 on 42m (140') tower and 4 over 4 over 4 on 45m (150') tower

 73 and cuagn next year,
 Jari OH6QU