[3830] NewEngQP N1SV SO Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1sv@n1sv.com
Subject: [3830] NewEngQP N1SV SO Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 17:58:33 -0700
                    New England QSO Party

Call: N1SV
Operator(s): N1SV
Station: N1SV

Class: SO Mobile LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 6.0

   80:               5
   40:              35
   20:              84
   15:               2
   10:
------------------------
Total:     0       126  Mults = 34  Total Score = 4,284

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

QSO
WORMA   27
MIDMA   36
CHENH   39
HILNH   24

This was my first try at mobile contesting and operating was sandwiched in
between family activities.  I powered a laptop from an inverter and was plaqued
by inverter hash.

I drove to Lunenburg and operarted WORMA for an hour and a half at the start of
the contest mostly on 20m.  After returning home to have dinner with the family,
I sat in my driveway in MIDMA for an hour and a half and operated 20 and 40m.  I
even managed to work a few stations on 80m.

After having a lot difficulty starting the truck in the morningI decided to keep
it running at the rest of my locations so I wouldn't run the battery down again.
 I drove out to Rindge and operated in CHENH for an hour and a half before
having to return to Merrimack, NH for a family function.  I quietly ducked out
at about 3 PM and operated in the in laws driveway in HILNH for an hour and a
half.