[3830] MidAtlQP N2CU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] MidAtlQP N2CU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 05:09:34 -0700
                    Mid-Atlantic QSO Party

Call: N2CU
Operator(s): N2CU
Station: N2CU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EriNY
Operating Time (hrs): 14

  160:    1      1
   80:   15      1
   40:  128    176
   20:   52    141
   15:    1      1
   10:    1      1
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      1
  222:    0      0
  432:    0      0
--------------------

Club: WNYDXA

Comments:

I echo the sentiments of others. Seems like everyone participating in the
contest was hanging out on 40m. I recall working a station from Illinois on 20
SSB saying that he hasn't heard anyone on 40m. Most 20m QSOs were from casual
ops who just stopped by to give me a Q. I tried 80m; really! Couldn't raise much
of anything. Thank you to a handful of DX stations that made 20 CW a little more
interesting, and to the mobiles of course.

The first day was really a bust for me. Got started 4 hours late, and severe
thunderstorms all day and night caused only sporadic operating time. When I
could get on I was greeted by S9+ QRN levels. Sorry to those who responded to my
CQ's and I didn't answer. That set the tone for the contest, being a couple
hundred QSOs behind my competition already. On Sunday things improved noise
wise, but activity seemed a fraction of what it was on Saturday.

Suggestions: 1. Get the word out more - this contest could (should/will) be a
winner.  2. Don't schedule it on Mother's Day.  3. Encourage more band changes.
4. Shorter contest period - it's too long!

Great time for the inaugural running. Look forward to next year.

FT1000MP, TH6DXX 50', 40m dipole 35', 80/160m dipole 47', VX-150 (for my only 2m
QSO)

Tom N2CU <><