[3830] 50 MHz Spring Sprint K5TR (WM5R, Op.)

To: 3830 <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] 50 MHz Spring Sprint K5TR (WM5R, Op.)
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 10:17:36 -0500
ETDXA 50 MHz Spring Sprint

    Contest Dates : 08-May-04, 09-May-04
         Operator : WM5R
    Callsign Used : K5TR
     Station Used : K5TR
         Category : Single Operator
 Default Exchange : EM00
     ARRL Section : South Texas (STX)
          Country : United States

    6SSB      29          29         29      11

 Totals       29          29         29      11

    Final Score = 319 points.

 Soapbox Comments
 ________________

Kenwood TS-690
Henry 3CX800 amplifier
Seven-element yagi at 30'
Eight-element yagi at 75'
Ameritron RCS-8V antenna switches
Heil Proset Plus
TR Log 6.79

Oh what a difference a year makes.  I finally had some Eskip
in the final 20 minutes of the contest, but it was not very
strong, and I only worked three stations in New Mexico and
Arizona.  I was, however, pleasantly surprised at the number of
stations on the air inside the state of Texas.  I worked seven
members of the Central Texas DX & Contest Club (primarily an HF
interest organization) but only one member (as far as I can tell)
of the Roadrunners Microwave Group (the VHF/UHF weak signal club of
south Texas.)  Nevertheless, I managed to work 26 stations in
Texas, which is a _vast_ improvement over recent years.

George's station continues to be a wonderful place from which to
operate.

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker@kenharker.com