[3830] WPX CW NV1N(N1UR) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sawyered@earthlink.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NV1N(N1UR) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 06:07:29 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NV1N
Operator(s): N1UR
Station: N1UR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    2
   80:   15
   40:  502
   20:  584
   15:  160
   10:   11
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Very interesting contest.  160/80/10 nothing really there but didn't expect
much.  15 was a big disappointment given the relative SFI going in.  There were
the usual big guns on EU but that was about it.  Very tough to get anything
going without BIG antennas and a KW.  So mostly S & P on 15.

20M just wouldn't give up.  CQing was very productive, almost around the clock.
For a number of hours I was CQing on my Inv Vee because EU was responding and it
would get USA mults as well.  JA didn't seem too active when it was open.  Nice
VK/ZL openings but, again, not much activity.

40M was the nice surprise on Friday night.  Great EU run on my phased dipoles at
50ft using low power.  Lots of 6 point Qs!  Definately made up for the 15M
bust.

Enjoyed using a new call, NV1N.  Great call for WPX.  Will stay with N1UR for
the rest though, hi, hi.

Broke 2.0M points for the first time (LP) in this contest, WPX CW.

This is probably my last contest from the rental QTH.  Finally, building my
house this summer.  Not sure what will be up in time for contest season but will
go with what it is.

Look for me as 9M6A in IARU this summer.

73,

Ed N1UR (NV1N)