[3830] WPX CW KW9N(N9RV) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pmbarkey@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW KW9N(N9RV) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 06:39:41 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KW9N
Operator(s): N9RV
Station: N9RV

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Indiana
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    1
   80:   24
   40:  705
   20: 1532
   15:  616
   10:   11
------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Conditions were about as good as we could have hoped for.  I never
heard a European above s8 on 15, and the JA's were sorely missed (no
HL, BV, YB or VU worked here).  But 20m was in good shape all
weekend.  At the end of the contest EU was loud!

LZ9W came in on 15 at about 1030z, long before any others.  15 didn't
get runnable to Europe until about 1530z or so here.  Got a little
bit of JA around 0300z the second day (was going too well on 20/40
the first day to even check it!).  15 stayed open to EU until about
0000z.  DL8WPX was a beacon on the band, along with YT1BB and some
other southern EU.

Zero line noise this weekend, which was necessary, because some of
these guys were ESP.  My grass is up to my knees and I think I'll be
taking a break from operating contests for a while!

  - Pat
    N9RV