[3830] RAC Day VE5RI M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Day VE5RI M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 14:06:13 -0700
                    RAC Canada Day Contest

Call: VE5RI
Operator(s): VE5FF VE5FN VE5WI VE6EZ
Station: VE5RI

Class: M/M HP
QTH: SK
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:   11     11        5        4
   80:   51     32        6        5
   40:   64     57        8        8
   20:  169    548       11       12
   15:    6      3        3        2
   10:    1      1        1        1
    6:    1      8        1        3
    2:    1      2        1        2
Total:  304    662      966       73  Total Score = 480,778

Club:

Comments:

Best contest fun for VEs as always.  Seems 15 was open a lot more than most
realised.  We could hear VY2TT very often and once got a report from a CO that
we were S9+ and the only signal on 15.  Rain most of the day so precipitation
static was a problem at times. 20 supplied 74% of our QSOs with most of them
from North America.

Our 6 element yagis on 15 and 20 were repaired and back in action for this
contest and proved to be our best weapons in the QSO wars.  The 40 meter 4
square was discovered to have damage from some resident cows which was repaired
just before the contest so we were able to work some 123 QSOs on 40.

80 and 160 produced some action through the noise and static.

Thanks and Canada Day greetings to all who contacted us.  See you all in the
next RAC contest this coming winter.

73 from the VE5RI crew.

- Bill . VE5FN . reporter.