[3830] IARU NR3X(N4YDU) SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU NR3X(N4YDU) SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 12:04:53 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: NR3X
Operator(s): N4YDU
Station: N4YDU

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Southport, NC
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:    0      0      0
   80:    4      0      4
   40:   33      0     17
   20:  209     88     45
   15:   53     26     32
   10:    3      2      3
---------------------------
Total:  302    116     99  Total Score = 119,382

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Had fun! I planned to operate more at night, but I fell asleep and woke about at
1230Z. Oops!  I love this contest. I spent a lot of time trying to work Europe
on the high bands because it was fun. My rate could have been much better if I
stuck it out on 20 more. But it was fun working Europe on 15 and even 10. I
bagged DA0HQ at 2158 on 10 ssb and got them a minute later on 10 CW. That was it
for Europe on 10, but it was really neat. I really think being two blocks from
the ocean makes radio pretty interesting. I've heard a lot of Europe in the
mornings on 15 CW (very weak) where as I didn't here them back home with a
better antenna.

I don't have many antennas set up at the new QTH. I spent an hour Saturday
morning before the contest setting up some wires. I went with dipoles on 10, 15
and 20 and verticals for 80 and 40. I hope to get my tribander up soon.

I may be on from an island for IOTA, but it isn't looking too promising right
now.

73,

Nate/N4YDU