[3830] IARU IO4T M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ik4vet@amsat.org
Subject: [3830] IARU IO4T M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 15:44:28 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: IO4T
Operator(s): IK4VET, IK4XCL
Station: IO4T

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MODENA
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    32    11    3+18
   80:    59    41    8+26
   40:   211    46   17+28
   20:   346   271   31+33
   15:   345   318   32+32
   10:   110   155   13+28
---------------------------
Total:  1103   842     269  Total Score = 1,386,426

Club:

Comments:

Very funny contest as always, band on quite good conditions.
For the first time we pushed on cw instead phone and we had a good QSO number.
We didn't expected almost 2000 QSOs since we planned 1500. We keep a almost
constant run of 80+ qso/h peaking 110, just a couple of hour 60 qso/h.
We expected 300 mults (we declared 293 in 2003) but we missed some HQs but
mainly ZONEs on 10/15/20.

Short skip on 10+15 give us a lot of fun with Europe saturday better than
sunday.
May be we stay too much on 40m searching mults when on 20 we could run better
... also on 15m we stay long time to catch some more 5pt qso than on 20.

Highlights on 15:
8N1HQ sp at 19.00z (!)
ZL1V lp at 21.30z
KH6WT at 22.15z over the pole

TS 950 + TS 850 + TL 922

160: inverted V + vertical
 80: sloping north dipole@15m (!) + vertical
 40: sloping north west dipole@23m (!) + vertical
 20: KLM KT34A + 2el. Delta loop
 15: KLM KT34A + 1/4 wave vertical
 10: KLM KT34A + 5/8 wave vertical

Tnx for help to IZ4EFN, IZ4EKI, IK4DCS, IK4RQJ.
Tnx to Alex IK4ALM alias IR4R for patience.

any comment to ik4vet@amsat.org

Andy
IK4VET