[3830] ARRL FD W6YX 8F LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD W6YX 8F LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 00:13:19 -0700

  903:
  1.2:     2      6
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  2850   3683    239  Total Score = 22,644

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

In addition to the QSO totals above:
Satellite: 11 QSOs
GOTA Station: K6SU, 400 QSOs

Many thanks to everyone who made this happen!  Special thanks to:
-Stanford Department of Public Safety for the use of their LARGE (but quiet)
generator
-John KJ9U for all his help setting up the stations and for providing numerous
logging computers
-Gabriel KG6SCH and Brian for all their work to make the VHF/UHF stations a
reality, and Lars AA6IW for the tower trailer.
-Bryan AC6JT for his bonus point efforts.  He was single-handedly responsible
for 500 bonus points (NTS messages, 2 demos, W1AW message).
-Weo WN6I for the ATV demo, and Bob KC6SXV and Dave KF6ZFA for providing the
natural power setup.
-Jim KG6DJV for all his prep work to make sure the satellite station was a
success.
-John W6LD and Ken KB6BPM for another great organizational effort.
-Everyone else who helped with our work parties and provided their equipment for
use during Field Day.

The GOTA station was an enormous success.  Congratulations to the GOTA operators
on a terrific job:
Everett KG6RYB
Rob KG6DQK
Susan KG6RZI
Gabriel KG6SCH
Andrew KG6STC

Field Day is a great display of many different aspects of ham radio in one
weekend.  I had a lot of fun checking out the satellite operation and learning
from Jim about all the ham satellite activity, even with AO-40 unusable.

Setting up sound board voice keying with Writelog is extremely powerful when
using the "Change operators" option!  That's definitely a feature we'll be using
in future multi-op SSB contests.

Writelog networking was more troublesome than expected when connecting Win98 and
Win2000 machines.  It was annoying to deal with the authentication password
windows during the contest that prompt on the Win98 master from Win2000 connect
requests.  We need to have a dedicated master machine next year.

Our QSO totals are higher on practically every band-mode compared to last year.
We are up over 7,000 points over last year.  Congrats to Tom ND2T who really
kicked butt on 20m SSB.  Considering summertime propagation, band conditions
were pretty good on 10m and 15m.  I was pleasantly surprised with our ability to
run the east coast on 40m SSB using an Inv-V at 40'.

Thanks for all the QSOs!

73...
-Dean - N6DE