[3830] ARRL Sep VHF K7TOP Limited Multi-Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF K7TOP Limited Multi-Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 07:37:59 -0700

  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  236    46  Total Score = 10,856

Club:

Comments:

Here is our unofficial score.

Pete, WA7JTM, provided the bulk of the contest gear and set up most of the
station in advance.  Pete and Tom (N7AMA) have done this just a FEW times
before.  ;-)  The location selected was ideal, and the weather was great.

6m did not open up from our perspective.  We heard both phone and CW scatter in
and out on 6m but couldn't pull them out.  K5QE was in there but we did not
work.  Both 2m and 70cm were hopping.  We worked into the LA basin on 2m through
70cm SSB late Saturday night.  That was a nice treat.  1.25m provided some nice
contacts too.  More people need to get on 222 MHz -- it really is a great
band.

There seemed to be a distinct lack of rovers in 6-land.  That kept the score
down quite a bit.

The most important thing:  we had a great time enjoying friends and ham radio in
the outdoors from a spectacular Arizona mountaintop location.

Thanks to all the locals that showed up to hand out contacts!