[3830] ARRL 160 W9RE Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w9re@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W9RE Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 19:17:48 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W9RE
Operator(s): W9RE
Station: W9RE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 13

Total:  QSOs = 1000  Sections = 76  Countries = 15  Total Score = 186,000

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Did the first 9 hours straight, then off and on after that.  Rates were good
with lots of stations to keep you awake as shown by K9DX's score.

Worked W7TMT at 2325z the earliest I ever remember working the west coast and I
heard W6AW at 1530z the latest I've ever heard the coast again.

Still have my S7 noise to the NE so only worked 3 Europeans, Mau, Wolf and John.
 Never could get the rest of the EA8's call sign.  Also figured out that
twisting a knob with 10 positions on it for 8 directions can make your fingers
sore in about an hour!  That coupled with just getting back on Thursday night
from PJ2T and the noise I knew I wasn't going full time.  I need to come up with
a touch pad for direction changing on my 8 vertical rxing array (W8JI).