[3830] NAQP CW K8AJS Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jbastin@sssnet.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K8AJS Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 06:36:04 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: K8AJS
Operator(s): K8AJS
Station: K8AJS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   35    19
   80:  166    47
   40:   55    30
   20:   81    37
   15:   38    16
   10:   48    19
-------------------
Total:  423   168  Total Score = 71,064

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Conditions didn't seem bad, even 10 meters made a good contribution. 80 meters
worked the best for me, 40 meters wasn't as good as I would have hoped, trying
to find a frequency between the RTTY Roundup guys was a challenge.

40 minutes on 160 helped a lot, just before I ran out of time. The Carolina
Windom worked better than I expected on that band, even though it is only  135
feet long.

This is the second contest I've played in since installing the Inrad roofing
filter in the FT1000MP, and my impression is that the bands on CW sound a lot
"cleaner," without the received signals being chopped up by signals outside the
filter passband as much as in the past. Picking up weak stations is easier
now.

Rig: FT1000MP 100 watts
Ant: 3 el quad, Carolina Windom
Software: WriteLog