[3830] RTTY Roundup K4GMH Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4gmh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup K4GMH Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 16:46:35 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K4GMH
Operator(s): K4GMH
Station: K4GMH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
   80:  443
   40:  249
   20:  485
   15:  144
   10:    0
------------
Total: 1321  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 63  Total Score = 159,841

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks to all who were kind enough to work me as I do appreciate every QSO.
The bands, outside of 80 and 40, were not very good (I've gotten spoiled).
Twenty did have some life and 15 meters had some activity.  Didn't try 10 meters
as figured it was a lost cause, especially the way the contest is structured -
no multipliers per band.
Did not think I would be in the contest as a problem occurred somewhere in the
cables or antenna switching stuff out on the tower.  The problem was first seen
on Wed. after checking out the amp. for the first time with the new tower and
ant. system.
Several things were found that needed to be fixed once the power output was run
up to 1 KW.  All were taken care of except for finding the problem with the
cable and antenna switches.
The problem was finially isolated to a improperly installed homemade coax
connector on the end of the FSJ-4 coax at the top of the tower.  It was found at
aruond 2000Z.  Up until then I had figured on just watching the football
playoffs.