[3830] NAQP SSB W6YX M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB W6YX M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 00:27:28 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): K6UFO KJ9U N6DE N7MH W6LD
Station: W6YX

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:   66    11
   80:  200    43
   40:  425    51
   20:  340    56
   15:  474    59
   10:  422    45
-------------------
Total: 1927   265  Total Score = 510,655

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

We were already short one feedline to one of our towers when we discovered that
one of the three feedlines we had was showing an open circuit.  So we had to
share 2 feedlines between 4 antennas on different bands.  This caused confusion
more than once because the inside labels on the coaxes and switches weren't
always right.

We finished with fewer mults than last year on all bands and with fewer Q's on
all bands but 40 and 160.  The higher bands just didn't stay open as long as
we'd hoped and there didn't seem to be as many participants as last year.  Then
the flare hit and all we could hear on 20 were locals and a few other west coast
stations.  15 continued to be open and we tried going to 10 meters during the
flare but couldn't hear any of the stations we tried to move there.

80 and 160 opened much later to the east than last weekend and last year.  We
could hear several strong northeast stations early on 80 - K1KD, W1AW and
others, but none of them could hear us.  When we were finally able to work some
stations from the northeast they were much weaker on our end.

Congratulations to our M/2 competitors.  Thanks to everyone that moved to other
bands for us.

73,
-Mike, N7MH