[3830] NAQP SSB K6AM Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K6AM Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 09:28:44 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: K6AM
Operator(s): K6AM
Station: K6AM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:   27     8
   80:   62    21
   40:  175    37
   20:  188    47
   15:  205    48
   10:  133    30
-------------------
Total:  790   191  Total Score = 150,890

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #1

Comments:

Opened the run on 10 and things started looking up until sigs faded into the S6
line noise.  15 held on for another hour or so until everything just shut down.
Fortunately I was on break at the time.

While 40 was a pleasant surprise with my low dipole, the lower bands were like
getting a root canal.  The line noise was s9 plus and I couldn't get past the
Mississippi river until the last 90 min.

Score down 30 percent from last year when propagation was better and noise was
gone.

Thanks to all for the moves.  Coulda been much worse without your help.

John,  K6AM