[3830] NAQP CW W5KFT(K5PI) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rb@austin.rr.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W5KFT(K5PI) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 22:47:32 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: W5KFT
Operator(s): K5PI
Station: W5KFT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:   48    21
   80:  110    42
   40:  215    45
   20:  213    47
   15:   92    35
   10:   27    16
-------------------
Total:  705   206  Total Score = 144,612

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: Austin Powers Jalapenos

Comments:

One of my TS-850s was on the fritz, so I used an IC-756 Pro II.  FB rig.

Ten was funny.  I'd hear a loud W8, work him, then try to run.  Nothing doing.
Later, I'd hear a loud W4.  Oh boy, here it comes!  Guess again.

15 seemed pretty good, but I wondered if I might have tried too hard there.

20 peaked in the late afternoon/early evening, just as N6TR predicted.

The general noise level here was a bit high, but the storms that were forecast
never materialized.

I felt pretty much "in the zone" until the last 90 minutes or so.  I took a
break and did an Alt-U to exit TR.  I then ran POST to look at my rate. When I
launched TR again it had forgotten all the exchange info it had previously
learned.  What a pain!  Actually having to copy the exchange?!  :-)  I guess it
was the Alt-U that did it.

Thanks for all the moves.

Robert K5PI