[3830] NAQP CW K3STX Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3stx@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K3STX Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 12:41:48 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: K3STX
Operator(s): K3STX
Station: K3STX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 8.0

  160:    4     2
   80:   89    34
   40:  140    46
   20:   93    32
   15:   28    17
   10:    4     3
-------------------
Total:  358   134  Total Score = 47,972

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC

Comments:

I had a great time, but a few flies in the ointment I wish did not come up. I
started late due to a kids birthday party that ran late, then a SECOND kids
birthday party that ran from 2000 till almost 2300 UTC! XYL let me play all
evening, then at about 0230 UTC baby started screaming (for no reason other than
to keep me from contesting) and I helped out the XYL for about an hour to help
out till he finally went to sleep again. Oh well, the trials of parenthood.

I think I left 20 too early to hit 80 before it went too long, but 80 was not
really hopping here. By 0100 UTC it was too late, and I spent  too much time
begging for QSOs on 40/80. No 160 M antenna here, but didn't hear much anyway.
Did not hear much on 10 early in the afternoon, and that hurt my mults.

Now I have a benchmark for the winter contest. It was fun, thanks for the
QSOs.

Rig: Kenwood TS-850S
Antennas: 40 M wire vertical, 80 M wire vertical, 100' long dipole up 60' with
ladder line for all bands, 2 ele. wire yagi up 20' for 20/15 (USELESS!)