[3830] SS CW K7BG Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7bg@qsl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW K7BG Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 10:03:29 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K7BG
Operator(s): K7BG
Station: K7BG

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MT
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:  150
   40:  283
   20:  584
   15:  137
   10:    0
------------

Club: Northern Rockies DX Association

Comments:

I think the ND stations must have been on 10 or 160!! Please phone home Bill!
The aurora misses you. Never did hear ND. With multitudes of scans up and down
the bands while CQing to nowhere much of Sunday I never heard a peep. North
Dakota is entirely too close to Montana. Bush has been in office for almost six
years and he still hasn?t done a thing about it.

Highlights of the contest were provided by my good friend Murphy who as my
second op started in with me having to take a half hour off early on to find out
why my 80 meter slopers where completely dead. Funny, they worked the night
before! He finished up with a nice fire works display as I watched the smoke
come out of the 930 with three hours to go in the contest. Never lost a beat
though and threw the TS690 in line for the second radio. I?m glad I had a CW
filter in it, but a contest radio it is not. All I ever use it for is 6 meters.
Another highlight was smelling the lingering smoke that came out of the 930 for
the next three hours.

Worked all mults more than once except NT where Jay was it. I found him on 20
Saturday just as his signal went from S9 to nothing in a matter of minutes.
Heard him on 15 Sunday and worked him with one call. I had 3 each NL, MAR and
NNY call in. Too bad we can?t bank mults. There were 4 SD in the log and 41 MN.
Please somebody move to Fargo!

I?ve never found the low bands very friendly in contests. They?re usually too
dad gum noisy.  I think I have a bad attitude about them going back to my novice
days and fighting BC QRM in the 40 meter novice band. I prepared for the contest
with the idea of getting more Q?s on 40, but I just couldn?t get ?er done.

When I heard Tree in ?A? class, I knew the trophy wasn?t to be this year. Also,
Randy (K0EU) was way ahead of me when we worked. I was one QSO ahead of Don
(N4ZZ) ?my 8 his 7?very early on, but I didn't hear him much after that. Sounds
like Tor (N4OGW) had a good go of things. He was my first MS mult.

CU next time.

Matt?K7BG