[3830] CQWW CW OM7M M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mato@racom.sk
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW OM7M M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 12:26:41 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OM7M
Operator(s): OK2BFN,OM1KW,OM2XW,OM3PA,OM3TZQ,OM5RM,OM5ZW
Station: OM7M

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Slovakia
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  185    21       79
   80:  895    29      116
   40: 1550    37      148
   20: 1478    35      140
   15:  621    36      139
   10:   62    18       61
------------------------------

Club: Low Bands Contest Club

Comments:

Eventhough I knew half a year in advance that I was going to miss 4 people at a
CW part who were going to fly to 3b8, eventually I found operators. Gitka,OM5MF
was lying with high fever so altogether I was missing 5 people. Thanks to
Jano,OM2XW and Robo,OM1KW I succeeded to create an efficient team . This weekend
tested technical capability of all antennas as well as all antenna system. From
Friday to Saturday aproximatelly 20 cm of snow felt down which gave the test not
only to the antennas. SWR was oscillating from 1-2.5 what didn?t do well to our
power amplifiers. The high static was occasionally terrible and also strong
signal wasn?t readable. Mr. Murphy came to visit us on Saturday evening. We
ripped the coax. cable from our 4 ele. Hb9cv on 40m so during the night we had
to be satisfied without 7 Mhz. Next tactics was clear.We had to spend as much
time as possible  on 80&160. Unfortunatelly loss on 40m was evident. It seems
that it wasn?t  only us who  had the technical problems. Mr.Murphy visited our
southest rivals OM8A too. It?s started to look like  in Formula 1, where not
only pilot must be well prepared but the cockpit must be 101% prepared. On
Sunday morning I called to Tibi OM3RM to ask him for preliminary result. He
announced me 200K leading. OM5M was 600K behind us. So this  was a  challenge
for us. First we had to repair 40m. Hard task when you have 4 el. On 20m boom.
In 3 hours 40m antenna was up and ready. Then we had nice opening to Jas at 11Z.
Unbelievebly 80 Jas in the middle of the day on 40m. So it indicated the antenna
works. Finish was running in a grand style. Almost 600 Qso in the  last 4 hours
on 40.In spite of many technical problems we could be satisfied with the result.
Thanks to EA6IB & IR4X to claim M/2 category thus giving the chance to be TOP 3
in EU.

Finnaly let me congratulate our eternal OK/OM rivals OM8A,OK5W and OM5M and
emphasize attendance and results from  western EU(G,EI,DL) guys, where M/S seems
to be very popular.

73 Lubo,OM5ZW and OM7M team