[3830] NAQP CW N4OGW Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rt_clay@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N4OGW Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 07:28:21 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: N4OGW
Operator(s): N4OGW
Station: N4OGW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:  160    43
   80:  195    49
   40:  192    51
   20:  242    49
   15:   82    23
   10:    6     5
-------------------
Total:  877   220  Total Score = 192,940

Club:

Team: Team Mississippi

Comments:

I was hoping to break 200k this time, but not quite! Did beat my previous best
though. This was my first time in this contest since I put up the towers, having
beams sure helps.

The high bands started out terrible here, from here could not work much more
than CA on 15. There were several 15m mults I heard but didn't work. The low
bands were very noisy, but signals were loud. I was called by a UT on 160 who
was louder than many NA signals.

10 and 15 opened up with sporadic E a few hours after sunset. Thanks to K3MM for
moving me up there, I was then able to work some other east coast stations. I
actually worked K3MM on 10m using my 160 inverted L since I forgot to throw the
antenna switch. After checking 10m beacons I found 10 also open to the upper
midwest (MN, WI, ...) and moved some more stations. So don't forget to check 10
later at night even if it is dead during daylight! The contest write-up used to
include something like "check 10m on the hour" (or was it 1/2 hour?). Might be
time to add that line again, I think a lot more qso's could be made on 10 and
15. I know there were a ton of MN stations on that I could have worked on 10m.
It might even be worth parking a rx on the 10m beacon band.

Tor