[3830] CQ160 SSB W3DQ Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wd3q@starpower.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB W3DQ Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 20:41:49 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: W3DQ
Operator(s): W3DQ
Station: W3DQ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: District of Columbia
Operating Time (hrs): 8

Total:  QSOs = 357  State/Prov = 42  Countries = 5  Total Score = 37,412

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I had hoped to put in a full-out effort, but a last-minute
teenage-daughter-school-project crisis limited me to Friday night/Saturday AM.

Conditions were good -- my opening hour was the best (103) I've ever had in any
contest.  Only one EU station was heard. Other than WA, I didn't hear any of the
western US. Missed but heard TX, ID, MT and CO.  Never heard LA, CA, NM, OR, UT,
WY. Not many Canadians heard, either.  Need to get those RX antennas working!

Had a major panic when WriteLog took over the radio and couldn't be stopped. WL
sometimes seems to have a mind of its own (had troubles with the soundcard audio
yet again). Thought the radio (Orion) had freaked out, so I did a master reset.
When that didn't set things straight, I shut everything down, restarted and the
Orion came back to life ... except that I had to reset all of its parameters.

In all, a fun (if limited) time!

CU in the next one...

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC