[3830] CQ160 SSB W4NF Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4nf@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB W4NF Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 04:58:19 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: W4NF
Operator(s): W4NF
Station: W4NF

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 5.5

Total:  QSOs = 340  State/Prov = 39  Countries = 7  Total Score = 37,260

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I only had a few hours to spend in this one as our 2 kids came home from college
(VA Tech) and my birthday dinner on Saturday evening lasted well into the night.
 I was called by several European stations on Friday evening which was nice.
Everytime there is a 160 Meter contest I get motivated to put down more radials.
 This time I put down 5 more bringing the total to 40, so only 24 more to go and
then I stop.  I also repaired the beverage that had been broken in about 3
places from trees falling down.  The cable company had somehow also cut the RG 6
coax to the beverage box so I extended the beverage itself by about 100' in an
out of line (skewed) direction to get the feed point to a spare coax run closer
to the house.  The beverage really cut down on the noise and helped in most
instances.  Not really sure of its directivity as it is also unterminated.
Thanks for the Qs and 73,  Jack W4NF

CU this weekend from the W4RM M2 in ARRL DX Phone.