[3830] ARRLDX SSB EA5ON/M SOSB/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB EA5ON/M SOSB/15 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 04:39:11 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: EA5ON/M
Operator(s): EA5ON
Station: EA5ON/M

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: Valencia
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  307    42
   10:
-------------------
Total:  307    42  Total Score = 37,926

Club:

Comments:

After moving house last year I have been quite inactive, not having antennas at
the new house yet means I was itching to go in this contest from the mobile. I
decided on 15m mono since 48 hours in the car is not a whole lot of fun, and I
almost made a last minute rush to join EA5DFV when he called friday to ask if I
wanted to do multi with him and EA5KV. You shouldn't leave it till the last
minute, José Miguel!

Used my newly acquired TS850S, the inrad filter finally deciding to work but not
really neccessary. I had to wind the screwdriver whip down due to the extremely
high winds, was convinced at some points that the car was going to get blown
into the sea. Did manage the full quarter wave at some moments though, sure
makes the difference under marginal conditions.

Murphy came to visit, if I ran too much power I got RF into the car electrics,
going straight to the PC and shutting it off. I lost count of the number of
times I had to reboot, but the good part is that since I was being careful the
batteries lasted the whole time.

Saturday was poor, but sunday made up for it. Thanks to all of you from the
western states who went all the way up the 21.397 to dig me out and give me the
mult.

CU in WPX from ???

73 de Duncan EA5ON