[3830] NCCC Sprint(6-9) N6RO LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kenkeeler@jazznut.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint(6-9) N6RO LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 21:11:05 -0700
                    Thursday NCCC Sprint Ladder (6-9)

Call: N6RO
Operator(s): N6RO
Station: N6RO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): .5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   1      1
   80:   9      3
   40:  16     10
   20:  29     14
-------------------
Total:  55     28  Total Score = 1,540

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

First 10 min:  24 Qs
Second  10:    16
Third   10:    15

I wondered why 40m didn't feel right:  antenna switch was on a 4 Square with
two inop elements.  After NS, I found it was 15 dB down from my yagi stack (two
M2 4L)to the East!  Also discovered an open in one of the 80m loops toward TX -
no wonder I couldn't work N3BB on that band.  Two weeks off this contest and my
brain is still in Missouri!

CA sunset is now 30 minutes after the end of NS:  heard/called but not worked
on 80m: K4BAI, VA3NR, N3BB, WD0T, N4OGW, K5OT, W9RE, N9CK, W0BH, W8UE, KQ7W,
K7SS, W7OM,....  We all still need to go to 80/160m to get regional mults, even
if we can't get the long haul stations.

CU next week, RO