[3830] ANARTS K0RC SOST LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ANARTS K0RC SOST LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 21:03:01 -0700
                    ANARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: K0RC
Operator(s): K0RC
Station: K0RC

Class: SOST LP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 18

   80:    0     0     0
   40:   57   415    20
   20:  253  2858    68
   15:   55   348    22
   10:   17    54     8
-------------------------
Total:  382  3675   118  Continents = 6  Total Score = 2,603,400

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

VK Bonus Points :       400 40m VI9NI (QSO # 093)
                         100 20m VI9NI (QSO # 031)
                         100 20m VK2RT (QSO # 246)
                         200 15m VK2RT (QSO # 191)
                   -------------------
                         800 VK Bonus

     Final Score : 2,603,400

             Rig : Kenwood TS-950SDX + SM-230; 150 Watts

        Antennas : HyGain TH-11DX at 22m; 1e 40m dipole @ 20m; wire 40m sloper

        Software : N1MM Logger + MMTTY on a Dell C640 laptop - issue free

          Soapbox:

This contest was a part time effort over the weekend. My wife and I entered a
dog show on Saturday and took 2nd place with our Bouvier des Flanders. Hope I
can do as well in the RTTY contest! I never operated on 80m. 40m was okay but
not great. Ten meters was open but no one would QSY so that resource went
largely untapped.

In the US, there was a concurrent VHF contest and 6-meter activity was reported
to be very high. In the ANARTS contest where you get multipliers ON EACH BAND it
pays to spend some time on 10m to pick off easy points and multipliers. Although
17 Q's are better than none!

I was glad to see VI9NI participate in the contest. It's probably a pretty
efficient way to run a lot of stations that need Norfolk Island for DXCC and
mode awards.

Two stations were giving out ITU zones instead of CQ zones so I don't know what
will happen to those contacts when the logs are scored. I left my log entry AS
RECEIVED instead of making any correction. It will be interesting to learn what
the scoring committee decides on these contacts (an RA and a F call).

I think this is the first contest where I scored over 2-million points,
although the scoring mechanism helps escalate the numbers.

73 de Bob - K0RC