[3830] ARRL June VHF N0JK Single Op Port QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n0jk@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF N0JK Single Op Port QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 21:41:20 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  14     14  Total Score = 196

Club:

Comments:

I had planned to operate from Bermuda VP9 in the contest, but critical work
needs required a change in plans. I ended up working both days of the contest
in Salina, KS. I was able to drive over to EM08 after work each day and operate
6M for a short period in the contest. The operating location was near Ellsworth,
KS off I-70 at exit 221. It is a very quiet location on a hilltop, and I could
copy many stations. But with 10 watts and a 2 el. yagi, difficult to get them
to hear me. Highlight Saturday was working VE7DXG/r CN88 and hearing 7s working
double hop to W1, W2, and W3. Sunday evening worked XE1MM EK09 in Mexico City,
along with XE2S DL49 and XE2TZP DM30. 2M Es was reported Saturday afteroon from
Oklahoma to W2. If I had gotten off work earlier...