[3830] ARRL June VHF VO1HE Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vo1he@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF VO1HE Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 05:18:17 -0700

  24G:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  67     33  Total Score = 2,211

Club: East Coast Canada Contest Club

Comments:

VO1HE

Rig:     FT-920
Antenna: SteppIR 3 Elem. @ 60ft

Great bit of fun. Just getting into 6M as I never had an antenna for it until
now. Only have 6M for VHF as we're a bit too far from practically everyone to
make it worthwhile getting into the higher frequencies. There have been some
nice openings to the VO1 area from both the W/VE and Europe recently.

Saturday the contest started out pretty good. Lots of strong signals and lots
of QSB made it interesting. Band stayed open until late in the evening and
looked promising early Sunday morning. Made a couple contacts and the band
dropped out completely. Listened off and on for the rest of the day but never
heard another signal.

Anyway, not bad for the first time I guess.

Thanks for the Qs. 73 and CU in the next one.

-- Paul VO1HE