[3830] ARRL June VHF K2DBK Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k2dbk@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K2DBK Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 08:17:31 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  198    79  Total Score = 16,037

Club:

Comments:

I had a terrific time with the opening on Saturday. I run 100w into either a
horizontal loop (for groundwave) or a vertical (seems to work better for Es) on
6 (just a vertical on 2 and 432) so I'm limited as to what decides to head in my
direction. This time, an awful lot of stuff decided to head my way in FN21 on
Saturday. I probably worked about three times the number of grids that I've
gotten in the past, which of course is all due to the great opening. I assume
that most scores will be equally enhanced for the same reason, so relatively
speaking, I'll probably wind up about where I normally do, but boy, it was just
a TON more fun working the double-hop into the west and what seemed like just
about every grid in the midwest as opposed to trying to squeak out groundwave
contacts one by one. Sunday was a lot quieter, with just a relatively brief
opening to the south (Florida, in particular) for maybe an hour, so I wound up
working all the "regular" (locals) then.

In summary: The opening made this a terrific amount of fun!