[3830] WO9S June VHF SO LP

To: Contest distribution <3830@contesting.com>, <smc@w9smc.com>
Subject: [3830] WO9S June VHF SO LP
From: "Jonathan L. Rosner" <rosner@hep.uchicago.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 10:42:28 -0500 (CDT)
                         ARRL VHF QSO Party - June 2006

GRID SQUARE:    EN61
CALL USED:      WO9S    ARRL SECTION:  IL
Single operator multiband

                 QSOs  QSO POINTS MULTIPLIERS

         50 MHz  337      337        126
        144 MHz   84       84         26
        222 MHz   36       72         16
        432 MHz   50      100         16
                 ---      ---        ---
        TOTAL    507      593        184 = 109,112 points

        Club participation: Society of Midwest Contesters

Great to see all the high scores.  Haven't worked so many new grids on 6
since discovering the band 10 years ago.  Seems like there were stations
in all the rare grids, too.  High points included being called by a VO1 and
by N6ENU off the back of the beam, and managing a QSO with K8GP with my new
222 setup (DEM + 11 elt Yagi).  This will probably be my best score in the
VHF contest for some years to come.  The only down-side was that 6 M
FSK441A skeds (when not cancelled because of working the guys already on
Es) seemed not to go well.  Absorption, maybe?  Wonder if anyone else had
that experience.

"I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations for
Amateur Radio in my country. My report is correct and true to the best
of my knowledge. I agree to be bound by the decisions of the ARRL Awards
Committee."

Date: June 12, 2005  Signature:  Jonathan L. Rosner Call:  WO9S

Jon Rosner, WO9S