[3830] ARRL June VHF W9ZRX Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, zephd@indy.rr.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF W9ZRX Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 19:23:16 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  533   160  Total Score = 85,280

Club:

Comments:

Propagation was fabulous before the Contest, and for the first couple of hours.
Then is went to pot.  Sunday was absolutely terrible by comparison.  On Sunday
night we had to return the Rental Car that my xyl used to ferry supplies.
After a 1 QSO hour, and rather than try to pack the Odyssey in the dark at
11:00PM, I "bagged it" at 2200z on Sunday.

The only strange problem was two 5-Gallon plastic cans full of gasoline that I
left at the site Thursday night, were (apparently)"investigated" by a bear. I
found them turned on their sides and leaking through claw-type punctures on the
can.  I don't think it was vandalism because the cans were hidden, and the tower
and coax were untouched!