[3830] NCCC Sprint(6-16) N2NL LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint(6-16) N2NL LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 20:53:46 -0700
                    Thursday NCCC Sprint Ladder (6-16)

Call: N2NL
Operator(s): N2NL
Station: N2NL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R

  160:   1      1
   80:  12      6
   40:  15     10
   20:  24     10
-------------------
Total:  52     27  Total Score = 1,404

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

My plan was to use one of the minature keyboards W6NL gave me for WRTC, to start
getting used to it for WRTC.  Unfortunately, I was running late and forgot to
grab it as I ran out the door to head up the hill to the shack.
   The Sprint started well, with the most activity I can remember hearing.
There were a bunch of stations I heard but never worked on any band.  I was on
pace to break the 60 QSO barrier, with 42 QSOs after 20 minutes.
Unfortunately, that's when my old trusty keyboard crapped out.  The number keys
stopped working, and it took me a second to figure out what happened.
Fortunately, the number pad still worked but it was really awkward, and I had a
crappy last 10 minutes.  The broken keyboard got chucked down the side of the
hill afterwards, not unlike the scene in the movie "Office Space".

See everyone next week....
73, Dave N2NL/6