[3830] NCCC Sprint(6-30) N6ZFO LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint(6-30) N6ZFO LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 09:53:42 -0700
                    Thursday NCCC Sprint Ladder (6-30)

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.50
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:   5      2
   40:   8      8
   20:  19     10
-------------------
Total:  32     20  Total Score = 640

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Out of the gate this one was a disaster, beginning with the sending of #45 to
N2NL on 20 meters.  Made a very fast recovery, and then things went
continuously downhill.  At 6 mins I had 2 Q's, seemingly always ending up on
the wrong end of the exchange.  Interestingly on 40m all 8 q's were with stns
in different states, but somehow missed N2NL for CA, just 10 miles away.  Oh
well.

Unusual 20m conditions: N2NL is usually S3-4 here, although Dave resides close
by.  Tonight he was S-8.  However K7NV, was inaudible - usually I can hear Kurt
at S-3 or so.

Very pleased to see Scotty, W7F, in there this week for AZ, and welcome to
Colin, KU5B, another TX recruit to NS and Mork, K6UFO.  And Ken, N2ZN returned
for his 2nd week with a much improved score. And congrats to the two stations,
W7WHY and W0BH, who have perfect NS attendance records.

Remember, next week is a bye week for NS Ladder, followed by the two final
events, NSIII-Wk-11 and Wk-12. Hope all of you have a happy 4th.

73 Bill n6zfo