[3830] IARU SM6U(@SK6AW) SO SSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU SM6U(@SK6AW) SO SSB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 09:48:57 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: SM6U
Operator(s): SM6U
Station: SK6AW

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: Gothenburg, JO67AQ
Operating Time (hrs): 16h20m

  160:   0       14    13
   80:   0      109    25
   40:   0       35    26
   20:   0      662    64
   15:   0      320    35
   10:   0       77    15
---------------------------
Total:   0     1217   178  Total Score = 687,080

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Ants:

160m: Inv-L
80m: Dipole @14m
40m: Phased Verticals
20m: 4el
15m: 5el
10m: 5el

PWR from a SB220 ~800w

40m was a big disappointment. I heard NA/SA/UA9 without problems, but almost no
response to my CQ's, not even europeans. I haven't worked many contests this
time of the year when we have close to daylight 24/7 up here, so I don't know
if it was an antenna/pwr or one-way propagation problem. Anyway, it pissed me
off, so I went to bed instead of spending the night on 40m. Had to go 100w on
10m due to the beam being very narrowly tuned, with the center on the CW
portion of the band. Apart from 40m, it was a fun contest with sporadic E and
some condx on the higher bands. Got 23 WRTC stations in the log, on 20/15m,
wich was fun. Most of them were very loud in west SM6.

Thanks to everyone who called in on me!
73 de SM6U/Rick @SK6AW