[3830] WAE SSB KD4D(@N3HBX) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kd4d@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB KD4D(@N3HBX) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 08:07:32 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: KD4D
Operator(s): K4ZW KD4D N3HBX NI1N NN3W
Station: N3HBX

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Poolesville, MD
Operating Time (hrs): 48

   80:  104         148
   40:  317         120
   20: 1407         104
   15:  151          70
   10:
-------------------------
Total: 1979  1609   442  Total Score = 1,585,896

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks again to John Evans, N3HBX, for letting us invade
the farm again!  He has built a wonderful new station and it
is great to be LOUD!

I managed to get a setting wrong on one of
the radios which caused us to be a bit deaf on 40 for
the first few hours, but the European sunrise opening
was great Saturday morning.

It seemed like there was an almost endless supply of
stations from western Europe on 40 after European
sunrise giving out low serial numbers.  Thanks for all of
the points!

Twenty was obviously the money band.  The 15 meter
opening Sunday morning was better than Saturday, but not
great.  We went over an hour without a QSO on Saturday
morning between when 40 finally dried up and 20 opened.

We had a great group of operators and had a wonderful time!
Tom, NI1N, did a wonderful job on 80-meter multipliers
even though the beverages are down until the soybeans are
harvested and the only transmit antenna for 80 SSB was
an inverted vee.  I know that there were stations calling
we could not pull out of the static on 80.

Rich, NN3W, had a great three hours Saturday morning on
20, including a 117 hour.  K4ZW and N3HBX managed about
100 QSO's during the 15 meter opening Sunday morning and
took us to 1400 QSO's on 20 meters.  No Europe heard on 10.

We managed to almost triple our score from last year.
Here are our hourly rates (including dupes).  See
you in the next one.

Date    Hour    80      40      20      15      Grand Total
        0       34      14      4               52
        1       7       19                      26
        2       1       15                      16
        3       10      10                      20
        4       1       18                      19
        5       1       13                      14
        6               27      1               28
        7               35                      35
        8               14      6               20
        9                       97              97
        10                      101             101
        11                      117             117
        12                      89      4       93
        13                      55      13      68
        14                      20      30      50
        15                      38      2       40
        16                      46              46
        17                      53              53
        18                      38              38
        19                      61              61
        20                      57              57
        21                      64              64
        22              1       46              47
        23              21      23              44
Total           54      187     916     49      1206

        0       26      9                       35
        1       11      8                       19
        2       8       12                      20
        3       3       2                       5
        4       2       19                      21
        5               17                      17
        6               22                      22
        7               26                      26
        8               4                       4
        10                      37              37
        11                      72              72
        12                      65      1       66
        13                      21      68      89
        14                              33      33
        15                      34              34
        16                      48              48
        17                      29              29
        18                      27              27
        19                      39              39
        20                      58              58
        21                      48              48
        22                      29              29
        23              18      11              29

Grand Total     104     324     1434    151     2013