[3830] WAE SSB DR1A(@DF0CG) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB DR1A(@DF0CG) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 10:25:22 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: DR1A
Operator(s): DB6JG DF6JC DJ7EO DL3DXX DL6FBL DO1ET PB2T
Station: DF0CG

Class: M/S HP
QTH: JO31CQ
Operating Time (hrs): 48

   80:   75    16   168
   40:  440   268   270
   20: 1562   823   228
   15:  259   343   154
   10:    4     0     8
-------------------------
Total: 2340  1450   828  Total Score = 3,138,120

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

The usual suspects using the usual stuff (http://www.df0cg.de)...

We did not only operate the contest last weekend, we also used the fine weather
for some antenna work. Saturday morning the crane showed up, and we put another
15 meters on top of an existing 18 meters towers. On top came a new 3-ele 40m
fullsize, which saw some RF in the second night. There is a remarkable
difference between this new one and the 2-ele 40-2CD at 25 meters: while the
signal strength is not so very much different (as you would expect, a few dB),
the 3-ele fullsize is hearing VERY MUCH quieter. Especially listening to USA
between 7150-7300, there is much less smut from the broadcast, and you can hear
much deeper.

Pictures of the new 3-ele 40m will be at http://www.df0cg.de in a few days.
Enjoy! (and sign our guestbook if you wish)

73 Ben
DL6FBL